Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Why

Lewis exploring Triassic,  San Rafael Swell, Homestead area 
I’ve been asked countless times (most w/ oozing enthusiam at least) why such a lofty, ‘probably won’t go’ goal? To which I answer, why not?

In a world that has succumbed to instant gratification, easy fixes, & labor-less intensive, driven hopes & dreams, I see no other choice, atleast for myself. For the past 30 years I’ve lived such a life.


Dreamed such dreams, & have only failed; failed by never truly failing due to lack of drive, guts, & fear encompassing the unknown. Ask honestly, ‘who are you?’ The answer takes much more audacity then the question itself, for the answer is rarely what we want, & skews directly against that which we thought & percieve. The answer then becomes the question.

Success is but a dream. A frivilous destination. It is failure that is Reality. The Path.


I am done declining all that there is, & am ready to accept all that is.


So…Why not? It is high time I get to know myself thouroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment